Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ for non Spring beans

Thanks for the response. I have reconfigured the app to use aspectj instead of spring aop. Running on tomcat 7 and still does not seem to work. The previous aspects also stopped working. I guess there is some configuration or something is missing but can't figure out. I have done the following.

1. Removed <aop:aspectj-autoproxy/> and added
<context:load-time-weaver aspectj-weaving="on"

weaver-class="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.ReflectiveLoadTimeWeaver" /> instead

2. Added aop.xml to META-INF directory
3. Added following to META-INF/context.xml for the app

<Context path="/app" docBase="">
    <Loader

loaderClass="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.tomcat.TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader"/>
</Context>

Application starts fine, but does not seem to engage. Any clues? Thanks.