Re: [aspectj-users] Help? Testing APT with AJC?

Hi Andy.

I am attaching two sample projects (actually three, but two are to be used together):

A) SO_AJ_ITD_AddMainMethodToAllSubclasses_AJ + SO_AJ_ITD_AddMainMethodToAllSubclasses_APT

Add a main method to all subclasses of a specific class. Works in both AspectJ 1.8.6 and your Mars-based snapshot.

How to test:
  - cd SO_AJ_ITD_AddMainMethodToAllSubclasses_AJ
  - edit compile_run.bat in order to change SRC_PATH and ASPECTJ_HOME
  - run compile.bat

B) SO_AJ_APT_MoveAnnotationsFromMemberToGetter

Copy parametrised marker annotations from members to corresponding getters. Works in AspectJ 1.8.6, but produces invalid Java source code for me in your Mars-based snapshot. There are a few places when I expect a double quote in my generated code, but there are two:

(...)\.apt_generated\de\scrum_master\app\AnnotateGetterAspect_Person_SortOrder_firstName.java:4 [error] Syntax error on token "descending", / expected
declare @method : * Person.getFirstName() : @de.scrum_master.app.SortOrder(value = ""descending"");
                                                                                     ^^^^^
How to test:
  - cd SO_AJ_APT_MoveAnnotationsFromMemberToGetter
  - edit compile_run.bat in order to change SRC_PATH and ASPECTJ_HOME
  - run compile.bat

I hope this helps. Maybe you can refactor the code to become unit or integrations tests.

Kind regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
http://scrum-master.de