Re: [aspectj-users] Aspectj warning question

The message means that in order to ‘do its job’ AspectJ would like to modify the named type but you haven’t supplied it either in source form or on the inpath (if a binary input). If you have only supplied it on the class path AspectJ can see it but not modify it.

It is an xlint and like all xlints it can be turned off -Xlint:ignore or supply a properties file that configures that specific lint off.

Or from 1.7.4 onwards individual xlints can be turned off at the command line: https://eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/README-174.html

If weaving is working, that is great, without knowing more about the scenario I can’t say what is the impact of AspectJ not being able to modify the specified type. I’d hope it had good reason to want to modify it but perhaps it will only manifest in a particular advice execution scenario.

cheers,
Andy