Re: [aspectj-users] Ambiguous methods with Java 8 (but not Java 7)

> (Sometimes this is actually a bug in JDT - we could determine that by seeing if the project builds in a standard java eclipse project. If it does then it is due to the AspectJ modifications, if it doesn’t then it is a JDT bug that AspectJ is ‘inheriting’).

I just imported it as an Eclipse (Lunar) project and tried to build it
in Eclipse with the source and target levels set to 1.8, and the
project fails the build with the same errors as I was seeing with
iajc. So I guess this means that it is an inherited issue? If so how
and where should I take this, and do you want me to still raise an
AspectJ bug?

Also, at present we compile our whole code-base with javac and then
use the Ant task to run iajc again over the whole codebase. I wonder
if we could just use iajc to compile those classes that actually have
Aspects? Perhaps that might work around all/some of the compile errors
we are getting?

Thanks Adam.

--
Adam Retter