Re: [aspectj-users] Stackmap frame errors when building the aspectj project with Java 1.7

I’d recommend updating to a more recent AspectJ.  Older AspectJs did have issues with making mistakes generating stack map frames.  The option to use split verifier was only possible with JDK1.6 I think, with 1.7 they removed that capability so the stack map frames needed to be correct.

For the record, -XX:-UseSplitVerifier is available in the Hotspot JVM 7 to disable the "new" verifier which needs correct stack map frames. It's not available in the Hotspot JVM 8 anymore.

Frank

Back to the top