Re: [aspectj-users] Aspectj in weaving a jar file

You can use wildcarding to make your aspects more general:

before(): execution(* com.foo.SomeRootPackage..*(..))

The ‘..*’ indicates all classes in a package or sub packages. The ‘(..)’ indicates you don’t care what the parameters are.

When matching general join points you may want to make use of ‘thisJoinPoint’ in your advice which gives you access to what was actually matched (the method name, the method parameters, etc). See the docs on thisJoinPoint.

cheers,
Andy