Re: [aspectj-users] Aspectj in debugging third party library in eclipse

Hi mufc_fan!

Do you happen to be that user3797438 guy from StackOverflow whose questions I was answering during the last few days or at least trying to by finding out what the heck he actually wanted to know? The person with the 1-2 sentence, nondescript, super-general questions who never actually listens to my advice to read some basic AspectJ documentation before asking the next question? I really do not want to be rude and hope you do not hate me for this answer, but hey man, you are a developer! Start doing your job. Use Google and the documentation on Eclipse and AspectJ. While I cannot speak for everyone on this list here, I think most people would feel much more enclined to "share their knowledge", as you put it, if then you came back and had any follow-up questions.

Because I like to help you, one more hint about asking questions the smart way:

Now, in order to demonstrate the my criticism is meant to be constructive, I have an answer for you: As I said on http://stackoverflow.com/a/26276330/1082681, for binary weaving put the JAR on ajc's inpath. In an Eclipse AspectJ project (assuming you have installed AJDT), go to "Project -> Properties", then "AspectJ Build" and there on the "Inpath" tab you can add JARs or class file directories as you wish.

If you choose the other option load-time weaving, you would have to create a LTW run configuration for the program you want to run as follows: "Run -> Run Configurations", then select "AspectJ Load-Time Weaving Application", then set "LTW Aspectpath" to make sure that the aspects you want to apply are found by the weaving agent.

I hope this helps.

Regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
http://scrum-master.de

mufc_fan schrieb am 10.10.2014 07:12:

> Hi ...I am new to Aspectj... I want to know how to debug the third party
> libraries using aspectj in eclipse with simple steps.. Like method entry and
> exit points in the library..can any one share their knowledge

Back to the top