[aspectj-users] AspectJ 1.8.2 released

AspectJ 1.8.2 is now released!

Available from the downloads page as usual: http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/downloads.php
It was also just 'released' to maven central, but it may take a few hours to appear there.

What's in it?

It includes fixes for weaving of code that has used type annotations as well as the latest Eclipse Java8 Compiler updates. However, the biggest feature is integrated support for annotation processing. There is a small (contrived!) example of using this feature in the readme: http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/README-182.html

Please note some work still needs to be done to ensure the annotation processing will correctly behave in AJDT.  I am also not sure what needs to happen with the maven plugin - Lennart are you out there? :) I suspect something needs to be done to pass the annotation processors through if they are specified but perhaps it does just work if you specify them via the META-INF route. If someone has time to try it out with maven, please let me know how it goes.