Re: [aspectj-users] How to access advice aspect's fields without reflection?

I only had a couple of mins to play but if you went with around advice you could make the reflection only run if initialization is required:

Object around(): embeddedGetter() {

Object value = proceed();

if (value == null) {

String fieldName = thisJoinPoint.getSignature().getName();

Object obj = thisJoinPoint.getThis();

try{

Field field = obj.getClass().getDeclaredField(fieldName);

field.setAccessible(true);

field.set(obj, value = new Validity() );

}

catch( IllegalAccessException | NoSuchFieldException e){e.printStackTrace();}

}

return value;

}

Andy