Re: [aspectj-users] Compiling java-7 code with jdk-8

Sorry,

I just saw that the development build was very old (Didnt spot the 2013 in there)
Will report back when I get a newer one.

I built a local version of AspectJ to proceed with my JDK 8 / AspectJ 1.8 testing and can confirm it works. Building manually is a bit painful though, as master seems to only build on MacOS "as is", at the moment.

I'll document the process for people who'd want to try it:
  • I created a local branch from master, checked it out, then reverted commit e51636d (which removes tools.jar from the dependencies, because it doesn't exist on MacOS)
  • Modified build/local.properties:
    build.version=DEVELOPMENT
    build.version.base=1.8
    build.version.long=DEVELOPMENT
    build.version.short=DEVELOPMENT
    java11.home=/path/to/jdk/6
    java13.home=/path/to/jdk/6
    java14.home=/path/to/jdk/6
    java15.home=/path/to/jdk/6

  • ant clean all
  • I then used mvn install:install-file to manually install the 3 aspectj*.jar built in aj-build/dist/tools/lib in my local repository

The build process really ought to be cleaned, though...

Frank

Back to the top