[aspectj-users] There is an AspectJ 1.8.0.RC1 available !

I wanted to get something out on the day Java8 is released (and I've just managed it as I'm on PST). There is now a build of AspectJ 1.8.0.RC1 - this is AspectJ ported onto the final version of the Eclipse Compiler for Java that supports Java8. If you want to try it out, it is here:

I will be putting something in a maven repo soon (and into an AJDT), I'll email again when that is done. I'd appreciate any help in testing it to try and iron out any issues. There is a lot of change in the compiler due to the new Java8 language features which has no doubt disturbed AspectJ. All the AspectJ regression tests are passing but more testing on real projects would be appreciated!

cheers,
Andy

Back to the top