Re: [aspectj-users] pointcut to match "return" statements

On 06.01.2014 15:59, Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
A) Returning null is not necessarily a programming error. Not handling null results gracefully might be though.

I'm aware of that, that's why we allow the @Nullable annotation for such cases.

B) How should it be possible to statically determine a non-trivial (dynamically created) return value during compile time? If you want to catch typical, statically determinable bugs using a byte code analyser, I recommend Findbugs.

As I said, I would exclude the non-trivial cases. If someone tries hard to cheat, they always can. We use findbugs already, but not in the build process. We already have some policy enforcement aspects and I'd like devs to get immediate feedback without prolonging the build process significantly.

Back to the top