Re: [aspectj-users] Unit tests not "seeing" aspects in Eclipse

On 13-12-03 11:03 PM, Eric B wrote:
I'm using Roo 1.2.4 which has generated a bunch of aspects for my entities.  Everything compiles properly and works as expected.  Code completion
while editing my main classes works properly.

However, whenever I try to work in my unit tests, Eclipse does not seem to pick up any of the aspects.  None of the setters or getters (as defined in
an aspect) are recognized, and consequently code completion fails.  If I manually type in a getter or setter, Eclipse highlights it as an error,
although the "Problems" view remains blank.  However, if I launch the unit test, it works as expected.

I've tried this with both Eclipse Juno and Spring STS 3.4.0 (which is based on Eclipse 4.3.1).

Is this a configuration issue, or a problem with the Eclipse plugin(s)?  Is there anything I need to do to have Eclipse recognize the aspects in my
unit tests?

I'm trying to attach a screenshot of my eclipse window to illustrate what I mean.  I don't know if the mailing list accepts attachments, however.

As you can see in the screenshot, methods added in via aspects (setLastModified, setAutoUpdateLastModified, setAddress, getId, etc) are all flagged as being errors. However, the Problem view shows no errors. The most frustrating part of this, of course, is that there is no auto-complete in the editor when coding.

Thanks,

Eric