Re: [aspectj-users] Handle Unable to pack method, jump in aspectj

2013/9/13 Krishna Jasty <krishna.jasty@xxxxxxx>
I will work on the method, which is bigger in size and causing this error. I can try to split the single big method into several small pieces.
Meanwhile these exceptions are very common in my application though the aspectj instrumentation is very small.

Big methods are bad anyway : they're hard to read and understand for humans, and might not be compiled by the JIT compiler, in which case they'll run slower than if they had been split into (logical) pieces.

 In aspectj source code, where the details of 2 bytes for IFLE and 4 bytes for GOTO is specified.
 How to wider from the initial 2 bytes to 4 bytes. Can i try any alternative in aspectj front to avoid this error.

The bytecode instructions are defined by the JVM specifications, it's not something AspectJ can change. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_bytecode_instruction_listings.

Frank

Back to the top