Re: [aspectj-users] LTWWorld Memory details

Aditya,
See the replies

Framework : Spring and Hibernate.

Questions:

1.       Why is so much memory held during startup?
 Considering that you are making use of springs framework, which will generate lot of classes on the fly. For the creation and initialization it requires lot of memory, that's the reason you are seeing high memory consumption during the server start up.

2.       Why so much memory is released and what is the trigger point.
This is little bit tricky to answer, may be after the creation of classes. Once the task is completed and no more related references is in use, garbage collection will clear the heap.
Apply the jvm param -Xnoclassgc during the server start up and verify the behavior. If the memory usage is not coming down or still high after some time, which means the heap is occupied by the newly generated classes and their objects.

I see the comment Forced GC, which is not suggested anyway. applying system.gc() doesn't guarantee the execution of full gc immediately.

3.       Is there any optimization that I can do ?
Can you elaborate more why are you worrying on space occupation for 41mb, the occupying space seems to be small.

Thanks,
krishna