[aspectj-users] Around advice problem with java.io.InputStream

Hi there,

I'm using AspectJ along with Struts 2.x .
In one of my action classes I have a private field of type java.io.InputStream which is used to sent back some data (generated by net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperRunManager.runReportToPdf method) to the client.

When using the @Around advice (for exception handling manners) the inputstream is not sent back to the client in response, hence the PDF file is not generated.

public class SomeAction {
………
private InputStream inputStream;

public String print() {
….
setInputStream(net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperRunManager.runReportToPdf(….));
}
}

@Around("execution ……… ")
public String methodExecution(CustomAction action, ProceedingJoinPoint thisJoinPointthrows Throwable {
try {
thisJoinPoint.proceed();
catch (Exception e) {
…...
}

The method is working properly with @Before but @Around.
P.S. the aspect is working flawlessly and of course I've omitted the advice declaration for the sake of a clarity and abstraction here.

Any idea?

Cheers,
Sina

Back to the top