Re: [aspectj-users] Aspectj LTW issue

The app server is websphere. I changed the policy in one of the application ibm binding files (deployment.xml)

some more details of the issue with aspectj logs

http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?134457-AspectJ-LTW-issue&s=0f7a8e7b48e081187d0ff5a29713cdf7

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM, <jeanlouis.pasturel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is your App server ?
Where did you change the policy of the classloaders ?

Cordialement / Best regards

Jean-Louis Pasturel

De : aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Praks
Envoyé : mercredi 30 janvier 2013 15:32
À : aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [aspectj-users] Aspectj LTW issue

I am trying to get aspectj ltw working in my app.

My app is structured like below

Test
-- TestCommon
-- TestPersistence
-- TestWeb

where Test is the base EAR project.

I have created a simple logging aspect and placed it in TestCommon. The aop.xml has been placed in TestCommon/Meta-Inf folder.

The problem is with the class loading policy of the app. By default the war class loader policy is set to module. In this case the LTW doesnt seem to work i.e the app doesnt seem to recognize the aspect and ltw doesnt work.

But if I change the war class loader policy to Application, then everything works fine.

What I understand is with module setting , there are 2 class loaders, one for the application and one for the war. In this case the war classes are not recognized. If I move the aop.xml to the web folder , then my other classes in the other projects like TestCommon and TestPersistence are not weaved.

Is there a solution to this issue without changing the war classloader mode to application?

Please note that from the debug logs it looks like both the class-loaders recognize the aspect and the aop.xml but only the web class loader does the weaving while the app class loader does nothing .

France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.