Re: [aspectj-users] perthis/pertarget taking into consideration the "equals" method

I would rather use a factory for instantiating objects in a clean way which helps to avoid duplicate equal instances.

And BTW, I do hope that long-living entities like bank accounts persist their status anyway. Anything else would be a design flaw in your application. Anyway, you can still use the Map approach to keep track of object instantiation and verify that object life cycles are actually as you expect them to be.

The other way around might also work: use perthis/pertarget for each instance, but a global map to track the status of equal instances.

Alexander Kriegisch