Re: [aspectj-users] Selecting arithmetic operation join points. Is it possible?

There is no operator overloading in Java. It is implemented in other JVM languages like Scala, but this is a bit off-topic here.

BTW, I did not say it was impossible, just that it will probably never happen in AspectJ. ;) What you show is normal method interception, not operator interception. Smthe example is not really relevant. Besides, you never know what a compiler might do with arithmetic operations optimisation-wise. Multiplication by powers of 2 might get replaced by left-shift operations (just making up an example). I do not even say that what you suggest might not be useful in so e rare and special cases, I just think it is way to fine-granular for AOP purposes. I think your example is rather academic than useful in daily work.

Alexander Kriegisch