[aspectj-users] aspectjtools.jar

Hi there,

I have a question which may seem somehow trivial! But anyway here it is:

I have a Maven project which consists of many sub projects and in some of them I'm using AspectJ.
I've added these dependencies in pom files:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
<artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
<version>${aspectj.version}</version>
<scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
<artifactId>aspectjtools</artifactId>
<version>${aspectj.version}</version>
<scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

Right now I'm trying to reduce the size of my ear file and I noticed that aspectjtool.jar has a good size (~9MB) but I cannot remember why do I
need that? Is there any documentation in which I can find what are the uses of this jar file (I didn't find any).

Previously I used privileged keyword  to access some private method of a class of another module but I don't need that anymore. (I think I added that jar file because of that but right now I'm not quite sure). I also don't need any load-time weaving.

Thanks
Sina

Back to the top