[aspectj-users] Pointcut for JDK runtime packages/methods

I have simple aspect setup with the following pointcut definition:

    @Pointcut("execution(* *(..))")
    public void executionPointCut() {

    }

In my test program I loop millions of time updating one key/value pair in a HashMap.  However I'm never seeing the Before/After methods for executionPointCut being entered for HashMap.put().

The Before/After methods are entered for a method that is called within my test program so I can confirm they are working for methods outside of java.util.*.

What do I need to do to get java.* executions picked up?

Why isn't my @Pointcut definition above good enough?

My aop.xml file is dead simple. Just specifies the aspect.

Back to the top