Re: [aspectj-users] How to intercept proceed() in around() advice

Hey,

> Back to my question: Do you think it might be possible to make proceed()
> calls joinpoints in future AspectJ versions?

Anything is possible but as with other language change requests it
needs compelling use cases and a decent amount of interest from the
community. By all means raise the enhancement request but without a
few votes/comments supporting it, it is unlikely to bubble up the
priority list.  I am always extremely careful about introducing new
joinpoints as suddenly they will be matched by all pointcuts out there
which were not written to exclude them (because they didn't know they
needed to). The most recently added array related joinpoints still
only exist if deliberately switched on by the user via an option.

I do know there are places where we have problems of requiring code
duplication on the part of the user, for example parameter annotation
matching, and that's unfortunate.  But it is hard (with limited
resource) to justify the effort of fixing those when there are more
fundamental problems that cannot be fixed by asking the user to
duplicate a few lines.

cheers,
Andy

Back to the top