[aspectj-users] AspectJ 1.7.0 released!

I'm pleased to announce AspectJ 1.7.0 is now available.

1.7.0 is our Java7 supporting version.  This means:
- you can use Java7 constructs in the source you compile, including
inside the aspects.
- the weaver will correctly process bytecode containing invokedynamic
instructions.

The readme contains more details:

Readme:
http://eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/README-170.html

Invokedynamic is still not surfaced as a join point but using
execution() rather than call() pointcuts will still ensure you can
advise the code that invokedynamic ends up calling.

The download is here:
http://eclipse.org/aspectj/downloads.php

or accessible via maven:
<repository>
   <id>maven.springframework.org</id>
   <name>SpringSource release</name>
   <url>http://maven.springframework.org/release</url>
</repository>

The current AJDT release now includes this version.

We'll start the battle to get it into maven central shortly...

Enjoy!
AspectJ Team

Back to the top