Re: [aspectj-users] Injecting dependency of superclass into subclass method using aspectJ

Hi,

Not sure I'm 100% understanding your scenario, but this code
intercepts the call to getFactory() and returns something else:

import java.util.*;

class Superclass {
  ClientFactoryFacade factoryFacade;
  public ClientFactoryFacade getFactory() {
	return factoryFacade;
  }
}

class PS {
  List query() {
    System.out.println("query called");
    return null;
  }
}

class ClientFactoryFacade {
  public PS getPersistenceService() {
	return null;
  }
}

public class Subclass extends Superclass {
  public static void main(String []argv) {
	Subclass sc = new Subclass();
	sc.methodUnderTest();
  }
  public void methodUnderTest() {
    // want to remove this dependency with aspectj how to get hold of
this.getfactory()
    Collection col = this.getFactory().getPersistenceService().query();
  }
}

aspect X {
  ClientFactoryFacade around(Object instance): call(*
Superclass+.getFactory()) && this(instance) {
    return new MockFactory(instance);
  }
}

class MockFactory extends ClientFactoryFacade {
  Object o;
  MockFactory(Object o) {
    this.o = o;
  }
  public PS getPersistenceService() {
	System.out.println("o="+o);
	return new PS();
  }
}

An alternative would be to intercept the execution of the superclass
method instead of calls to it and return the mock then:

ClientFactoryFacade around(Object instance): execution(*
Superclass.getFactory()) && this(instance) {
    return new MockFactory(instance);
  }

If that isn't helpful - if you give me a bit more of an explanation of
what you want, I can see what I can do.

cheers,
Andy