[aspectj-users] Differences and impacts between .aj classes vs Java class with AspectJ annotation

Hello, I would like to clarify the difference and the impact between using native AspectJ language versus the "same" Aspect coded by using Java classes and Annotations from the point of view of building an application and runtime dependencies.

When we use @annotations, do we need to compile with the AspectJ compiler ? or the Javac compiler call the AspectJ compiler ?

When a project is compile with the aspectJ compiler, do we need a runtime ? and by Annotation? It seems that using annotation means Load-time weaving and it requires 2 jars (aspectJ runtime and the weaver). It that true ?

Where to find a clear explanation between these 2 ways of coding the aspects ?

Regards - JA

Back to the top