Re: [aspectj-users] Are aspects examining the running of Threads "special" in some way for AspectJ?

Hi,

A few things that I can initially think of:

- use jps/jstack to get the thread stacks of the JVM that you think is
hanging/going slow, is there an usual thread stack in there?

- you don't have any synchronization in your aspect for accessing the
collections.  I feel like I've had problems in the past when modifying
a collection I'm iterating over.  To tell if it is the body of your
advice that is behaving badly, just comment it all out (use empty
advice) - that will tell you if the weaving is introducing the issue
or the logic in the advice body is introducing the issue.

- The everything aspect looks ok.  I might do execution(public *
*(..)) just to reduce the output a bit, but it should be OK as you
have it.  You'd only get into issues here if you have types with loads
of methods, but then any problems would manifest as a weaving issue
(with the woven class getting too big for the JVM to handle).
Obviously instrumenting every little thing is going to have some
degree of performance impact.

Andy