[aspectj-users] useage of -Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration

IN the resource I have, the Manning book AspectJ In Action, it mentions only in passing that it's possible to use the runtime option -Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration to specify the exact files to be used during LoadtimeWeaving.

Unfortunately no examples are given and I can't locate any documentation on the AspectJ site regarding this option.

My questions is what exactly would a specification of a particular aspectJ file look like? For instance, here's a hypothetical runtime invocation:

>>java  -ea -Xbootclasspath/p:../out/classes/production/boot  -Xmx192m  -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -Xmx512m -javaagent:C:\aspectj1.6\lib\aspectjweaver.jar

and with additional specification of the aspects, I *think* it turns into this:

>>java  -ea -Xbootclasspath/p:../out/classes/production/boot  -Xmx192m  -XX:MaxPermSize=150m -Xmx512m -javaagent:C:\aspectj1.6\lib\aspectjweaver.jar  -Dorg.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.configuration ????

What do I type at the ?????  The FQN of the aspect ? The path+ FQN to the aspect? If I want more than one aspect do I separate them with anything like a comma or a semicolon or a space?

Thanks!

Back to the top