[aspectj-users] Eclipse 3.7 SR2 + AJDT

Hi,

I'm configuring a new notebook running Windows 7 professional 64-bit and have already installed jdk-7u3-windows-x64 (64-Bit JDK 7).
After unpacking eclipse-java-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip (Eclipse Indigo 3.7 SR2 64-Bit for Java Developers) I installed m2eclipse.

Now I am struggling with the latest AJDT plugin targeting Eclipse 3.7.
The installation from http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/37/update completed successfully but when I restarted Eclipse I had no AspectJ views or perspectives available.
Subsequently I removed this AJDT plugin and tried again with the dev update url at http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/37/dev/update.
Same thing happened. Eclipse shows that the AJDT plugin has been installed but I have no recognition that AspectJ has been plugged in (no views, no perspectives, no "new aspect", etc).
Then I started googling and found evidence that perhaps things have changed since Eclipse 3.5 .... for example here:
If the link above is not pertinent, could someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Back to the top