Re: [aspectj-users] Using aspect to pass a metadata as a parameter through SOAP

Hi All,

This email is in continuation with the below thread. I understand that
there is no feature in aspectj to change the signature of existing
methods to add an extra parameter, without actually modifying the
application source code. I am wondering what it would take to
implement such a feature in aspectj. The feature can be used to add
arguments to existing methods/functions in applications without
modifying the source code. Since aspectj is open source, I hope
implementing the feature is possible. I would be very much happy to
implement it in aspectj so that I could use it for my research and
contribute to aspectj community. Highly appreciate if someone could
tell me if they see any issues/road blocks in implementing this
feature in Aspectj.

Thanks,
Ashiwan

--