Re: [aspectj-users] Why would one ever want to use Load Time Weaving?

Yep, you don't necessarily need to wait to loadtime to do that, with
binary weaving you can weave any jar in 'batch' without having the
sources around:

ajc -inpath myThirdPartyJar.jar MyAspect.aj -outjar myWovenJar.jar

weaving into the system classes is trickier, because of how they are
picked up by the JVM.  For that you are forced to use binary weaving
rather than loadtime weaving.

cheers,
Andy