[aspectj-users] create pointcuts to external library code

Hi all

Let's assume that Java JRE would contain these two classes

package java.foo.moo;

class Foo1{
    public void method1(Foo2 obj){
        obj.method2();
    }
}

package java.foo.moo;
class Foo2{
    public void method2(Foo2 obj){
        System.out.println("capture this");
    }
}

How can I match to the method2 call (let's assume that method2 is only invoked from Foo1)
neither of this works:

pointcut foo1() : execution(public void java.foo.moo.Foo2.method2(Foo2));
pointcut foo2() : call(public void java.foo.moo.Foo2.method2(Foo2));

I assume the trick why it does not work is because neither the invocation point nor the declaration of the method is in the code defined by me.

Thanks Denes

Back to the top