[aspectj-users] LTW fail hard/fast options (for testing)

Hi,

When unit testing aspects and advised test/tested code (as opposed to
deploy/runtime, where this option wouldn't make sense), it would be
nice to be able to instruct the weaver to throw some sort of unchecked
Exception or Error if there are configuration problems with error
severity or higher.  Does such an option exist - I couldn't see it in
the LTW weaver options?

This would allow unit tests to fail-fast in the case of a LTW
configuration error, and could help clarify the cause of the failure.
Some pre-existing unit tests I'm currently working with picked up some
weaving issues during development e.g. a typo in a pointcut, and the
program continues to execute, and to establish the cause of the unit
test fail you need to read the weaver verbose console messages to find
the problem, whereas an exception would be clearer.

Has anything like this ever been considered - would it be feasible and
worthwhile?

Thanks
Brett

Back to the top