[aspectj-users] abstract "declare @method"

Hello,

I have a question concerning annotation supplementation aspects.

Suppose we have this:

declare @method: * be.post..Olrik.conspire() : @Scenario("conspiracy");

This puts the @Scenario annotation on the conspire() method of the Olrik class.

Now, I would like to make the [* be.post..Olrik.conspire()]method signature pattern abstract and provide it in the aop.xml file.

In general, i want to use AspectJ in a configurable way to put annotations on methods of target Java projects. The idea is to create a DSL that generates an aop.xml file that is the coupling between .aj files and target method signatures. This is roughly equivalent to making an abstract aspect concrete by defining a <concrete-aspect> with a <pointcut> in the aop.xml file.

Is this possible at all? If not, is there another strategy to achieve an externalization of the method signature pattern in an annotation supplementation aspect?

Help would be greatly appreciated,
krgs,
- Thomas

Back to the top