Re: [aspectj-users] Using Sonar with Cobertura and an ITD

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Steve Ash <stevemash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not really sure why aspectJ was being re-invoked, but may spend some time later after this dev cycle is over to figure it out, and if I find anything I'll update the list.

That's because the cobertura:cobertura goal forks a new lifecycle to invoke the test goal, which means it goes through the compile phase again before executing the test phase.

In some cases, I've switched to invoking cobertura manually instead of using its standard goal :
- pre-integration-test phase: binding of the cobertura:instrument goal
- integration-test phase: binding of the test:test goal
- post-integration-test phase: binding of the exec-maven-plugin to execute the report generation manually, since there's no cobertura:report goal (there's a Jira issue on that, but it's not moving)

That's a bit more verbose than simply adding the cobertura plugin to the build, though...

Frank

Back to the top