[aspectj-users] Open PhD and PostDoc Positions at Software Technology Group (TU Darmstadt)

Dear all,

we are happy to announce that starting this fall we will have new openings
at the PhD and PostDoc level. The Software Technology
Group, headed by Prof. Mira Mezini, conducts research dedicated to
developing new technologies that help to construct high-quality
software in a productive way. We use and develop an exciting set of
technologies involving object-oriented, domain-specific and
aspect-oriented programming

languages, language support through runtime mechanisms such as virtual
machines, programmer support in Integrated Development Environments,
and static and dynamic program analysis. For more information consult
http://www.stg.tu-darmstadt.de/

We invite applications on all topics related to the research our group
is conducting. In particular, however, we are looking to hire students
and PostDocs interested in the following areas:

- Finding and Avoiding Vulnerabilities in current Software (in
collaboration with the Software AG, our industrial partner)
- Static Optimizations of Dynamic Program Analyses
- Novel Language Abstractions to aid Automatic Proofs of Security Properties

Depending on the chosen topic, applicants may be advised or co-advised
Prof. Mira Mezini and/or by Dr. Eric Bodden, who is in the process of
starting up his own research group.

Darmstadt has a unique concentration of IT security expertise that is provided
via CASED (Advanced Security Research Darmstadt ) and the Fraunhofer SIT, as
well as the BMBF “Spitzencluster” (the Initiative for Excellence
started by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research) and the
European Institute of
Technology (EIT), with well over 200 scientists in the area of IT security.

CASED offers an attractive, international environment
with students and scientists from all over the world.
PhD students will become members of the CASED graduate school, which
supports them
during their entire PhD research, for instance through professional
courses for transferable skills such as trainings in delivering
scientific presentations or writing scientific papers. PostDocs will
become members of the CASED PostDoc Program, which offer similar
support targeted towards developing a strong professional career path.
Successful PostDocs are regularly given the opportunity to found their
own Junior Research Groups in CASED.

Darmstadt is an attractive city at the heart of the Rhein-Main Area
right in the center of Germany. We are only a 20-minutes ride away
from Frankfurt, and from Frankfurt Airport in particular, which will
bring you to many destinations worldwide in a single hop. Munich,
Cologne and Paris can be reached within two hours.

We are looking to increase the proportion of female scientists and
therefore particularly encourage applications of female students and
PostDocs.

To apply for a position, please email your CV, while in your email
clearly stating the following information:

- Are you applying at the PhD or PostDoc level?
- Which research topic/question interests you most? (brief paragraph)

Please email your application to jobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Mira Mezini and Eric Bodden

Back to the top