Re: [aspectj-users] Policy enforcement for setter and getter methods aspectj

Hi John,

Basically you are interested in a set() or a get() when it is not
withincode() of a getter or setter (or likely constructor).

The problem is that you can't tie the methods name and the fields name
together, so you either have to specify a completely wild policy:

declare warning: get(* X.*) && !withincode(* get*(..)): "Use the
getter to access fields on type X";
(which may warn on things you don't mind about)

or specify a warning per field:

declare warning: get(* X.foo) && !withincode(* X.getFoo(..)): "Use
getFoo() to access the foo field";

As I say you may need to add an extra clause to ignore constructors
since field initialization will typically done there.

cheers
Andy