Re: [aspectj-users] Setup older compiler/runtime (1.6.8, v6 attributes) in Eclipse

Hi Brett,

There is no HOWTO on doing that, I'm afraid.  Although in terms of
packaging it is straightforward (a variant of just copying the three
main aspectj jars into three AJDT plugins), the interfaces between
AspectJ and AJDT have continued to evolve and you are very likely to
hit something like an abstractmethoderror. However, if you really want
to try it, shutdown eclipse then copy aspectjtools.jar (from an
installed 1.6.8) as ajde.jar in the org.aspectj.ajde plugin.  Copy
aspectjweaver.jar into org.aspectj.weaver and aspectjrt.jar into
org.aspectj.runtime (backup what you currently have before overwriting
the existing jars).

After doing your development in eclipse, can you instead just kick off
a build outside of eclipse (using 1.6.8) and deploy the result instead
of directly deploying the classes that the IDE built?  I'm suggesting
this as a way to avoid grabbing Eclipse 3.5 (and AJDT 2.0.2:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/35/update/ajdt_2.0.2_for_eclipse_3.5.zip
).

Andy