Re: [aspectj-users] Simple changes in java source file causes re-compilation of all dependent files in AJDT?

Hi Jonathan,

> Why is that? Why does it need to recompile all dependent source files
> when all I've changed is a whitespace or comment? Please note that I
> am not changing the aspects or pointcuts here at all. What am I
> missing? Has anyone else encountered this?

If more than just the file you are changing gets compiled after making
a whitespace change that usually indicates a bug.  We have fixed many
of these over the years but there are still some lurking and some
characteristic of your project/source is triggering the problem.
Please raise a bugzilla for it:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=AspectJ

Ideally sharing the source with me will be the fastest way to get it
resolved, but if that isn't possible perhaps we can narrow down the
problem:
- if you comment out the aspects (or pieces of them) does it still happen?
- anything unique about the file you are changing compared to others?
Is it affected by aspects, if so, what kind of advice/itds/declares.
Do you have inner classes? are they anonymous?

cheers
Andy