Re: [aspectj-users] Eclipse RCP and advices

Ciao Davide,
how does the two projects relate to each other in Eclipse? I suppose the aspect one is in the build path of the RCP one, in that case on the RCP project properties, in the AspectJ build path options, is it inside the aspect path? That should solve the markers in the RCP project, but not necessarily the "adviceDidNotMatch" in the aspect project (I cant remember on RCP, but on plain eclipse project it does not "propagate" the marker "upwards" to the aspect project).

Regarding the adviceDidNotMatch problem, I usually have some unit tests, in the same project, that actually test if the aspects match or not by either checking the real aspect functionality (as a unit test should do), or with another test aspect that advice the main aspect simply checks if the advice is properly applied (in case of aspects that i cannot unit-test otherwise).

This has the side effect of visually telling me if the advice matches the test target classes or not.

The only other, ugly, option is to import sources of one project into the other (or even between both), and have the AspectJ eclipse plugin to work on a single codebase. This works, but hogs your eclipse, clutters some eclipse features (most notably, F3 and code repository sharing), and cannot be used for more that two/three projects without becoming a nightmare.

Hope this helps,
Simone