[aspectj-users] AspectJ execution pointcut with package annotations

I spent considerable time on Google researching how to do this, and searched through Bugzilla and the mailing list archives, but didn't find anything that was't several years old and/or from AspectJ 1.5. I'm using 1.6.10 now and am hoping there is some updated information to be had somewhere.

I have some packages annotated (in package-info.java) with @MyPackageLevelAnnotation, and I need to assign execution pointcuts to all methods within all classes within those packages (and, if possible, within all sub-packages). In Aspect language, how do I go about doing this? I can successfully do so for methods and/or classes annotated with this, but I haven't been able to with package annotations.

I saw some (very) old documentation and messages that referenced doing this and said the ability to use package and parameter annotations was removed in 1.5 and would be re-added at a later date. I know parameter annotations are supported again, because I'm using them, but I can't figure out package annotations.

Anybody have anything that might help me?

Thanks,

Nick

Back to the top