[aspectj-users] Weaving into an OSGi bundle

Dear all,

I've been trying to use AspectJ to weave an aspect into an existing OSGi bundle (I'm trying to weave directly in to the JAR, as that's actually the point of what I'm doing) but I'm getting strange results.

So far I've been able to do the actual weaving but when I load the bundle onto Apache Felix, I get the following:
-------------------8<---------------------
g! felix:start 20
g! Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/NoAspectBoundException
        at org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host.DrawingFrame.<init>(DrawingFrame.java:54)
        at org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:69)
--------------------8<--------------------

The bundle I've been using for my experiments is the one provided by the Felix project itself at [1]. I'm trying to weave the following aspect into the 'host' bundle:
--------------------8<--------------------
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import java.util.*;

import javax.swing.*;

import org.apache.felix.example.servicebased.host.DrawingFrame;

public aspect ComponentLogger {
pointcut frameConstruction(DrawingFrame d) : this(d) && execution(DrawingFrame.new());

   before(DrawingFrame d) : frameConstruction(d)
   {
      JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(d,"We've just weaved into the constructor!");
   }
}

The goal of this would be to have a message dialog show up whenever a DrawingFrame is created. Am I doing something blatantly wrong? Or is it simply not possible to weave aspects into OSGi bundles?

Many Thanks,
Tiago

[1] - http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-application-demonstration.html

Back to the top