Re: [aspectj-users] java.lang.VerifyError: (class: MyAspect, method: <init> signature: ()V) Illegal type in constant pool

Hi,

Seems like your first post didn't make it to the mailing list, at
least I didn't see it, but following your link I see it said:

> I'm using LTW @Aspectj (1.6.8) with an @Around advising a very specific method and I'm getting:
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class: MyAspect, method: <init> signature: ()V) Illegal type in constant pool
>
> However, I do have another aspect of which the pointcut catches the same method and that one is working fine.

A verify error is an AspectJ bug.  I'd recommend trying the latest
AspectJ (1.6.10) and if it is still an issue, please raise a bug
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=AspectJ

It would be really helpful if you were able to share a project with me
that showed the problem - failing that if I could see the kinds of
pointcut and target you are trying to weave that would be helpful.  If
you switched from annotation to code style aspects, you may find that
helps you too.

Actually I do recall some problems with advice signatures where a
mistake in the signature may not be picked up by the compiler (in the
case of annotation style) and may manifest as a runtime issue, so we
ought to check your advice signature and how it is invoking proceed
(if it is).

cheers,
Andy