[aspectj-users] Is there any performance issue using thisJoinPoint

Hi,

I've read about performance issues on accessing the join point context (i.e.
thisJoinPoint.getArgs()). I'm writing a logging facade and sometimes it's
necessary to access the argument list or executing context (getThis). Using
of the join point context depends if the log level is appropriate. So in
production the debugging information won't be used, so accessing the
arguments or getThis() is wasting time and memory.

So my question is: Using the thisJoinPoint instance already has an impact on
the performance (speed or memory usage) even the thisJoinPoint getters won't
be called? Does the code weaver add reflecting code fragments to the advice,
even the join point is not used?

Thx

Marko