[aspectj-users] AspectJ ITD generic static method is not working

Hi,
In AspectJ doc, the syntax of static method declaration is-

AspectJ 5 Doc
static <E> E Utils.first(List<E> elements) {...}

I tried to access the method from sub class. But it show compiler error. Am I doing anything working here?

public class Purchase{
}
//
aspect PurchaseFinder{
    //Compile error code
    static <U extends Purchase> U Purchase.find(){
     }
}

public class HardwarePurchase extend Purchase{
  public static test(){
     HardwarePurchase test =  HardwarePurchase .<HardwarePurchase >find();  // this code is not working
  }
}

Error- The method find() of type Purchase is not generic; it cannot be parameterized with arguments <HardwarePurchase >.

But if I move the static function (find) code to the Purchase class from PurchaseFinder aspect then it works fine.

Working code-
public class Purchase{
     static <U extends Purchase> U find(){
     }