Re: [aspectj-users] annotation on ITD field gets lost...must be user error : )

Turns out that having that field be public may be the reason the JPA stuff I'm attempting isn't working. I'll download 1.6.10 and manually patch my classpath in hopes that this bug is fixed, but can you comment on the Maven delivery? For one thing, the downloaded JAR is just that, a single JAR, while in Maven, it shows up as separate RT and weaver JARs. We can manually deploy into our Maven repo, but this discrepancy has me wondering.

----- Forwarded by Christian Hall/Technology/Equifax on 11/09/2010 08:46 AM -----

From: Christian Hall/Technology/Equifax
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11/06/2010 07:55 AM
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] annotation on ITD field gets lost...must be user error : )

Yep. We were using a very old version (1.5.4)...mostly due to the fact that mavenrepository.org is where we used to look up Maven locations for things. You moved a while back to org.aspectj which we didn't follow. The Maven repo information would be a good thing to put on the download or release announcement pages as once I started looking, it was tough to find where it now lives in Maven Central. Looks like 1.6.9 is the latest in Maven Central.

I'm seeing the annotation in there now but the field is still public. Maybe that was a 1.6.10 change. This should un-stick me anyway. Thanks for the quick response.

Inactive hide details for Andy Clement ---11/05/2010 05:47:38 PM---Hi, If the field is private then you must be on an old versiAndy Clement ---11/05/2010 05:47:38 PM---Hi, If the field is private then you must be on an old version of AspectJ - for