[aspectj-users] Rebuild AspectJ project after eclipse restart

Hey,
My development team consider moving to Eclipse IDE (instead of Intellij). We're making a POC to demonstrate how the project behave within Eclipse.
The project is quite big: ~12000 classes and about 15 aspects. Each machine is a linux Centos with 2GB RAM.
Currently the Eclipse downside is the memory consumption of the weaving process - it takes about 8 minutes and the heap is getting up to 1400MB so restart the Eclipse from time to time is a use-case we cannot ignore. The problem is that after restart Eclipse doesn't persist the build state so next time Eclipse will make a full build of the project.
The bottom line is that we actually can't migrate the project to Eclipse because of this problematic issue.
I saw in Bugzilla that the target milestone of this improvement to persist AspectJ state between IDE restarts should be fixed in 1.6.10 release by the end of October, but now I understand it will probably not be fixed by then.
Is there any chance it will be in 1.6.10 release?

Thanks a lot,
Gil

Back to the top