Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ conflicts

AspectJ merges all visible aop.xml files it can 'see' from a
particular classloader into one super-configuration.  The rules that
apply are:  (from
http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/next/devguide/ltw-configuration.html)

====
When several configuration files are visible from a given weaving
class loader their contents are conceptually merged. The files are
merged in the order they are found on the search path (with a regular
getResourceAsStream lookup) according to the following rules:

The set of available aspects is the set of all declared and defined
aspects (aspect and concrete-aspect elements of the aspects section).

- The set of aspects used for weaving is the subset of the available
aspects that are matched by at least one include statement and are not
matched by any exclude statements. If there are no include statements
then all non-excluded aspects are included.

- The set of types to be woven are those types matched by at least one
weaver include element and not matched by any weaver exclude element.
If there are no weaver include statements then all non-excluded types
are included.

- The weaver options are derived by taking the union of the options
specified in each of the weaver options attribute specifications.
Where an option takes a value e.g. -warn:none the most recently
defined value will be used
====

For the weaving itself you have the option of reweaving or the new
overweaving (see
http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/README-169.html ).

Andy