[aspectj-users] Basic AspectJ setup in Jboss4.3

Hi all,
I have a Spring 3 project in eclipse with AspectJ 1.6, and have successfully got weaving to happen in a junit setup.
I cannot however get the same code to weave correctly when deployed inside of Jboss4.3.  If I turn on -verbose on the weaver, I see the output in the console registering my aspects plus the two spring aspects (configuration and transactions) but my aspects are never weaved.
One thing I have noticed is that my aspect is shown as registered twice, as in the deployed setup the aop.xml file is in two locations (in a jar and an ear).  I doubt that this should cause the weaving not to happen though.
Strangely, turning on -showWeaveInfo has no effect in this deployed environment either, but in my eclipse junit it does and I see my pointcuts being weaved.
Also, turning on the weaver -debug in my junit environment results in a huge list of classes being weaved, however in jboss there are only half a dozen listed, most of which are spring CGLib proxy beans.

Does anyone have any information on using AspectJ in Jboss 4.3, and any suggestions on what I can do to debug this?

Thanks very much in advance.

Adrian Fitzpatrick

Back to the top