Re: [aspectj-users] RE: aspectj-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 8, I Cannot start the AJDT Weaving service.

It looks like you have a problem in your configuration that is
preventing your bundles' dependencies graph from being read from the
cache.  This could happen if you had an error while shutting down.  In
most cases, this problem doesn't mean much (except for a slightly
longer startup time), but in this case, the exception is preventing
the org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj bundle from being autostarted
(and hence no jdt weaving).

I would recommend restarting once with the -clean option.  Make sure
that this exception does not occur.  Then restart again without -clean
(and ensure no exception).  Finally, try restarting the weaving
service.  This may fix your problem.

I'd also recommend reverting to your original config.ini as the
changes that you made should not affect things one way or the other.

Let me know if this helps.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM, steve brown <steve.brown@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hook] info adding AspectJ hooks ...
>
> Exception in thread "Refresh Packages" java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.getImportedSources(BundleLoader.java:246)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.populateLoaders(PackageAdminImpl.java:270)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.doResolveBundles(PackageAdminImpl.java:211)
>
>         at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl$1.run(PackageAdminImpl.java:174)
>
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
> [org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.caching.j9] warning cannot start J9 caching
> service
>
> 2010-08-12 18:05:43.062:INFO::Logging to StdErrLog::DEBUG=false via
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog
>

> To answer your questions:
>

> 1. No.
>
> 2. The install directory is writeable
>
> 3. See the attached files.
>
> 4. After Eclipse starts, Weaving is not enabled.

Back to the top