[aspectj-users] impact statistics

Hi,

currently I'm writing my bachelor thesis about aspect impacts in the
base program.

Now I'm looking for information about how much base program code is
affected by aspects. In particular I mean how much lines of code of the
base program where advised by an advice in general.

Does any body has experienced that the average of relative amount of
code lines affected by aspects is equal? Or do you have suggestions
where I might find such information?

I found an article 'How AspectJ is Used: An Analysis of Eleven AspectJ
Programs' from Sven Apel in Journal of Object Technology. There is
stated that only about 14% of the program code is aspect-oriented code
(but not the amount of impact in the base program). Do you have
experieced the same in your AO programs?

thanks in advance,
  Stephi

Back to the top